All quality loft conversions require high-quality flooring. However, since there are a lot of various forms of loft flooring available and not every type deemed appropriate for each conversion of the loft, it can be an overwhelming job trying to make the right option.
Fortunately for you, we are here to help. If you are planning for loft conversions Oxford, here are several pros and cons of different flooring options:
- Carpet is quite cheap and provides excellent sound insulation. This is a great option if you want to convert the loft into a music studio.
- It’s an ideal loft flooring option for producing a cozy and warm space.
- Carpet does not last long compared to other flooring options.
- It is known for how easily it can get dirty or stained.
This type of flooring includes laying blocks to an under-layer to produce a normal geometric pattern. Typically, it’s made of tiles or wood.
- Parquet style loft flooring can make a tiny space appear big with the help of the correct pattern.
- There are a lot of available various stylish patterns to choose from.
- You might have to add more height to your loft space since every parquet floor needs a subfloor. This means you’ll have less room in the loft.
- Laminate loft flooring is extremely adaptable. They come in a variety of styles and colors that copy the look of wood.
- They are extremely cheap. More affordable compared to wood.
- Laminate loft flooring is extremely simple to clean. This makes it a great choice for a kid’s playroom or bedroom.
- Since laminate is cheap, it does not add any value to your property if you are planning to sell it in the future.
- Laminate can’t be refinished, unlike other loft flooring choices.
Solid Wood Flooring
This type of loft flooring can be an elegant hard loft floor choice that produces a look of high-quality. It’s typically made out of a solid single cut of timber.
- Great for young families. This is particularly true if you want a flooring option that can be cleaned easily.
- You can sand down and refinish the wood loft flooring if it begins to show signs of wear and tear. This will ensure longevity over other forms of flooring.
- This type of loft flooring can add higher value to your house. The reason for this is it has a luxurious feel and look.
- It is known as one of the most expensive options for loft flooring.
- With heat, this type of flooring will contract and expand. This might lead to less stable boards and cracks.
Engineered wood loft flooring is an ideal choice to overcome the problem of heat sensitivity. This type of wood flooring is made by fusing together several layers of wood. This produces flooring that’s moisture and heat resistant. It is also an ideal choice if you are thinking about underfloor heating. So, if you want a solid wood flooring for your loft, choose this instead.